- With the flick of the wrist, komoot will deliver instant Tour recommendations & more.
Today komoot, Europe’s most successful outdoor inspiration app, announced it is one of the third-party apps created specifically for the Apple Watch, due to be released on April 24th. One of Germany’s most talked-about apps, komoot delivers custom navigation and interesting outdoor sights to its users, seamlessly integrating with Apple’s most personal product yet.
For Apple Watch, komoot delivers spot-on Tour suggestions for hiking trails and bicycle rides with a simple flick of the wrist. Based on the expert knowledge of locals, komoot’s proprietary Smart Tour technology delivers personalized recommendations. What’s more, Smart Tours adapt to a user’s current location and can be explored immediately.
Along the way, quick turn-by-turn directions, distance until the next turn, and current and average speed are all delivered to a user without them ever having to take their iPhone out of their pocket. Unlike other popular navigation apps, komoot provides navigation even while offline and on remote trails.
“Komoot’s Apple Watch app will motivate people to be more active outdoors” said Markus Hallermann, CEO of komoot. “Specially created with the needs of outdoor enthusiasts in mind, komoot delivers the information that a cyclist or hiker might need, when they need it, without ever having to interrupt their experience in the wild.”
- State of the Art Navigation: Topographic maps and turn-by-turn voice navigation to enable planning and tracking with ease.
- Personalized Recommendations: With the Highlights feature, users can point out and discover nature’s most interesting places with photos, tips, and likes.
- Plan & Go Functionality: Plan down to the last detail with at-a-glance info like surface, difficulty, distance and elevation profile.
- Real-Time Information: Useful info on Tour characteristics like surface, difficulty, distance and elevation during this time.
- Offline Availability: Powerful offline capabilities allow users to download their planned outdoor activities with offline topographic maps.
- Smartwatch Compatible: Komoot’s latest smartwatch partnerships with Android and Samsung offer a compelling use case for tech wearables.
Founded by biking fanatics, komoot is Europe’s leading outdoor app. Established in 2010 and with over 2 million users worldwide, the Berlin and Potsdam-based app keeps nature fans active and inspired by telling them where to go and what to check out while exploring. The first of its kind to provide topographic maps, real-time navigation, personalized recommendations and offline maps, komoot was recently named one of Google Play’s Best Apps of 2014. From the amateur hiker to the pro mountain biker and other outdoor pros, the app enables users to plan and track customized Tours on their phone or smartwatch.