We distribute your business risk onto our shoulders - 100% commitment!
Our investment strategy focuses on scalable business models with Unique Selling Points (USP) and a clear dissociation from the current status quo. At the same time, we invest in companies from the following industries: Internet/Software/Mobile, Life Science, Industry Technologies, Cleantech/Material Science and Consumer Products.
Our investment decisions don‘t bet on the next unicorn! It is our aim to have a well-balanced and excellent development of the entire portfolio. The engaged support of our portfolio companies plays an important part in our success.
We are, in many ways, the first institutional investor of our Portfolio Companies. We finance their acceleration through the attainment of appreciable business goals, and their liquidity for at least 24 months. In this case, we invest as the lone lead-investor or together with co-investors from our wide-reaching network. As a rule, we don’t just invest once, but over several, even many, financial rounds according to the growth of the business. By doing this, we facilitate a solid business development in many steps. The average duration of our investments is 7 years, but can also be over 10 years depending on the technology.
In addition to capital, we mainly invest in the strengthening of great entrepreneurs and enable our many years of expertise as well as our first-class network to the development of technology companies.
We support our portfolio companies from the first day through the following activies:
- Sparring partner and partner-in-crime for all operational and strategic issues of the company's development
- Free VC infrastructure for accounting, controlling, legal and human resources
- Feedback and tuning of business models, marketing planning and sales activities as well as management processes
- Establish and analyze the key value drivers and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the companies
- Execution of company analysis and capital increases, including the creation of participation agreements and employee participation programs
- Creation of an explosive pitch deck and financial planning to address other investors
- Structuring of financial rounds, due diligence and exit processes
- Acquisition of additional venture capital, mezzanine capital or borrowed capital
- Term-sheet and exit negotiations at the company sale
We ensure an efficient networking of the entire bmp Portfolio Companies, since their challenges often overlap and this exchange can offer added value. For a more-relaxed get together, we organize annually the bmp Portfolio Day, in which all portfolio companies can meet and exchange with selected network partners.